What are your plans for the holidays?
Christmas and New Year’s is right around the corner!
“The season of warmth, joy and good cheer is here”
There are 5 great ways how to enjoy the holidays!
- You can say “Hello” to the national Christmas Tree in DC. Fairfax Circle Villa is near Vienna metro station so don’t worry about driving. You can walk around DC and enjoy the spirit! In early December, since 1929, our president has the honor of lighting the tree. The national tree is illuminated from dawn until 10PM at night. It always has been an American tradition. If you have family members visiting outside of town, DC is a great place to visit!
- You can visit Gaylord National Resort’s Ice! You will see the 5,000 blocks of ice structure weighing 1.5 million pounds at 9 degrees Fahrenheit. It’s an indoor winter wonderland featuring: Two million pounds of hand-carved ice sculptures, Five ice slides, 7 individual rooms depicting the story of Santa Claus is Comin’ to Town, The Frostbite Factory – “a live carving zone” where you can spend time with your family and friends.
- Zoolights! A huge display of lights celebrating the holiday spirit at the National Zoo. Admission is free for family and friends. Avoid the parking fee and go green by taking Vienna Metro Station (5 mins away) and take the red line to Woodley Park. It’s open from 5PM to 9PM through January 2, 2020.
- Meadowlark’s Winter Walk of Lights! It’s located in Vienna, VA. The walking light show will take you through Meadowlark Botanical Gardens. The tickets are timed entry so we recommend you purchase online.
- Christmas Event Shows! Washington D.C. celebrates the season with a wonderful lineup of holiday shows and live entertainment. Ford Theatre and MetroStage will be hosting a “Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens”. A famous story about Christmas Carol. It has remained popular and has been adapted to other media including film, opera, ballet and a Broadway musical throughout the years. We recommend you purchase tickets on Ticketmaster thru December 31, 2019.