Welcome to the new blog page of Fairfax Circle Villa Apartments!
Summer is almost over and all students in Fairfax are back to school!
You know what that means? â€œHomework time!â€
Here are some tips how to help your child succeed in school:
- Stay involved and feel free to contact childâ€™s teacher with questions or concerns
- Ask your children about school and encourage them to talk about their day
- Make sure your child is getting plenty of sleep and ready for school each day
- Read with your child every night
- Help your child with his/her homework every night
- Teach your children to be responsible for their actions and schoolwork
Schools that serve our area in Fairfax are:
- Mosby Elementary School
- Luther Jackson Middle School
- Oakton High School
- Northern Virginia Community College
- George Mason University
- Bus service serving our community is from Luther Jackson Middle School.
- Mosby Woods and Oakton High School are walking distance.
Did you know we have a library nearby?
The Oakton Library gives all individuals access to knowledge, art, scholarship, history, textbooks, and literature. They have workshops, special events, activities (all ages) like seminars, book clubs, storytime for preschoolers, and more. With the free membership, you can rent out magazines & newspaper subscriptions, materials including books, eBooks, audio books, CD and DVD resources.
Did you know?
The word â€œlibraryâ€ comes from the Latin word â€œliberâ€ which means â€œbook.â€ There have been libraries almost as long as there have been books. The first real libraries we know of existed thousands of years ago in ancient Mesopotamia and Egypt.
If you are interested and want to become a Friend of the Oakton Library, just complete the form online on the website.